building is the practice of increasing the efficiency with which
buildings and their sites use and harvest energy, water, and materials.
Through better design, construction, operation, maintenance, and
removal, (the complete building life cycle) we can reduce the building
impacts on human health and the environment.
In the US, buildings account for:
- 39% of total energy consumption
- 68% of total electricity use
- 38% of carbon dioxide emissions
- 136 million tons of construction and demolition waste in the U.S.
- 12% of water use
influence our own health: Most of us spend at least 90% of our time
indoors, where the air is often twice -- and sometimes as much as a
hundred times -- more polluted than outside air. http://www.epa.gov/iaq
- Provide a healthier and more comfortable environment
- Improve long-term economic performance
- Incorporate energy and water efficient technologies
- Use recycled content materials in their construction
- Reduce construction and demolition waste
- Bring higher resale value
- Are landscaped for water and energy efficiency
- Include renewable energy technologies
- Improve indoor air quality
- Reduce environmental impact
- Are easier to maintain & built to last
using green building practices you will feel good with the knowledge
that you have don’t what is right for you, your family and your
community. Green building will inevitably be the construction standard
of the future. Give us a call and we can help you build toward healthier
sustainable living today.